Superior Employees Credit Union was chartered in October 1968.
Ten Superior Brand Meats employees joined together and each deposited
$5.25 into individual Share Accounts, thus starting the credit union.
The credit union’s first manager was Nicholas Morris.
The credit union was originally located in the east parking lot
of Superior Brand Meats in the basement of the meat inspector’s
house, located at 1000 Sherbrook S.W. in Massillon, Ohio.
As the credit union grew, more and more employees and their family
members began to take advantage of the products and services offered
by the credit union. Soon Superior Employees Credit Union had a
staff of 3 people to meet the financial needs of its members.
In May 1985, Superior Employees Credit Union changed its name to
Superior Savings Credit Union, and in 1987, the credit union relocated
to its new office building at 1224 Oak Avenue S.E. in Massillon,
Under the guidance and leadership of Superior Savings CEO Nick
Morris, the credit union grew soundly and solidly as it provided
competitive financial services to its members.
In October 2002, Nick Morris retired from his position as Manager,
and the Board of Directors hired Deborah Carpenter as the second CEO
in the history of the credit union.
The credit union obtained their Community Charter in 2005 that now allows them to serve anyone that lives, works, attends church or school in Stark County. In 2009 Superior Savings Credit Union moved to a new location at 1807 Lincoln Way East, Massillon, Ohio.
Currently, the credit union hasover $23,000,000 in assets and
serves over 2,700 members.